ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Internal Auditor
“Environmental Management Systems Internal Auditor” competency-based 3-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective environmental management systems and process audits in accordance with the ISO 14000 series of standards and ISO 19011, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems”. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 14001:2015 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for a quality management system based on ISO 9001:2008. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical roleplaying, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
- EM – Environmental Management Systems
- AU – Management Systems Auditing
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each Competency Units listed above.
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 14000 Series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Understand the process approach
- Manage an audit program
- Conduct audit activities according to ISO 19011
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Understand auditor responsibilities
- Identify types of audits
- Follow the audit process
Course Materials: Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Environmental Management Representatives
- Auditors from other disciplines
- Quality Directors
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers
- Cross functional team members of implementation projects
Prerequisite: A prior review of the ISO 14001:2015 standard and an understanding of auditing principles is suggested for this course.
Course Logistics: There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2 and 3. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Write us a message