“ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor” competency-based 4-day course teaches the principles and practices of effective environmental management systems (EMSs) and process audits in accordance with the ISO 14000 series of standards and ISO 19011, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems”. Experienced instructors guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This course comprises the following three Exemplar Global Competency Units whose outcomes are certified by Exemplar Global:
- EM – Environmental Management Systems
- AU – Management Systems Auditing
- TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of Exemplar Global Competency Units listed above.
- Understand environmental management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 14000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Identify aspects and impacts
- Manage an audit program
- Initiate the audit and conduct opening meetings
- Understand auditor responsibilities
- Conduct on-site activities
- Understand environmental legislation
- Communicate effectively during the audit
- Generate audit findings
- Prepare audit conclusions
- Conduct closing meetings
- Reporting audit results
- Conduct an audit follow-up
- Understand the registration process
Course Materials: Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting firstparty, second-party, or third-party audits
- Environmental Management Representatives
- Quality Directors
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Health, Safety, and Environmental Managers
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
Prerequisite: A prior review of the ISO 14001:2004 standard and internal audit experience is suggested for this course.
Course Logistics: There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, 3 and 4. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).
Write us a message