OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
“OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements” competency-based 2-day course helps participants gain a better understanding of the “best practices” for occupational health and safety (OHSAS). To provide students with the appropriate background, the course covers the basics of an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS), the process approach, and management system documentation. The course explains each requirement in OHSAS 18001:2007 and provides participants with the tools to objectively evaluate the applicability of the requirements in their industry. The course also explains the applicability of OHSAS 18002:2008 and how this document can assist with the development of an OHSMS. The course will present many of the theories, practices, and knowledge to prepare for the implementation and operation of an OHSMS.
- Understand the basic concepts of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems
- Explore the intent and interpretation of the individual clauses of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing environmental management systems
- Understand the process approach
- Auditing to requirements
- How to identify nonconformities
- Purpose and content of an audit report
Course Materials: Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Any individual requiring a working knowledge and understanding of OHSAS 18001
- Health and Safety Professionals/ Consultants
- Presidents/Vice Presidents/CEOs
- Management Representatives
- Laboratory safety professionals
- Accredited auditors requiring the competency to audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
Prerequisite: A prior review of the OHSAS 18001:2007 standard is suggested for this course. Additionally, it is highly recommended that inexperienced students take the e-learning class “Essentials of OHSAS 18001:2007” prior to attending the classroom training
Course Logistics: There is a written test at the end of Day 2 of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. A Certificate of Attainment in the OH competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for the OH competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test.
Write us a message